Today is a great day for Buju Banton in his ongoing case before a FloridaFederal Court.
Federal Judge James Moody handed down a ruling on Wednesday (June 26) dismissing the gun charge that was injected back into the case by an appeal court judge.
Moody also find juror Teri Wright in contempt after she lied to the court about researching the case during the high profile trial.
The judge requested that the government charge Wright with contempt for violating court orders.
Moody also dismissed the Buju Banton’s defense motion for a new trial. This means the Grammy-winning reggae star still has to serve out his 10 year sentence.
“This shows how important good reporting is,” Buju Banton former attorney, David Oscar Markus, told New Times.
“The judge credited Chris’ reporting in making his decision. He reported accurately what she said, and it really was the turning point for Buju on the gun charge,” Markus added.
The judge also credited New Times journalist Chris Sweeney for exposing juror Teri Wright.
Buju Banton, born Mark Myrie, was facing an additional five years on the gun charge.
Banton could be released from prison in February 2019.
2 Chainz can’t deny his robbery any longer because the robbers are posting all his personal information on Instagram.
Earlier this month the Atlanta rapper was robbed at gun point by three heavily armed men in broad day light in San Francisco.
Chainz initially denied the reports, but video footage of the what went down started circulating days later.
“Rule #1 if a rapper gets robbed people usually post items that has been taken. Rings, chains, watch , money etc. 2 answer that question” 2 Chainz wrote on Twitter.
“Rule#2 if a rapper gets shot he usually go to hospital or dies,” 2 Chainz added on Twitter.
Now the robbers are posting evidence of their loot online, including 2 Chainzcredit cards and drivers license showing his home address.
2 Chainz bodyguard at the time of the robbery revealed that the incident was a set up.
Shots were fired but no one got hurt.
Macka Diamond trying to outdo Konshens and Rain Seville.
Dancehall has been coming under scrutiny of over the last couple of months for being too freaky.
Now Macka Diamond is taking the new dancehall trend to a whole new level.
The photos below were tweeted out via the dancehall diva’s official Twitter page before deleting them.
Rihanna is beefing up her security around herself and her California homeafter her unstable stalker was let loose.
Earlier this month Robert Melanson, 26, was arrested after he was caught snooping around on Rihanna’s mansion roof with a detailed map of the property.
He was booked on suspicion of trespassing and was held in psychiatric custody for two days.
Melanson is now back on the streets and Rihanna is saying she fears for her life.
The Bajan pop star, who is currently on tour in Europe, obtained a restraining order against Melanson.
Rihanna’s lawyer filed legal documents arguing that she could pose a threat given his past criminal history.
Nicki Minaj and Iggy Azalea Beefing.
It has been a while since we see two hip-hop celebrities go at each other on Twitter.
Young Money rapper Nicki Minaj and Grand Hustle femcee Iggy Azalea went at each other on Twitter this week, but thankfully it was short lived and may not make it to a diss track.
One Twitter troll went and dug up a Twitter post from Iggy Azalea from 2010.
“LMAO at Nikki saying she did the BET Awards live. Errrr. If you say so girl [sic],” Iggy Azalea wrote.
Nicki Minaj found the tweet offensive and reply directly on Twitter.
“Laughing at [expletive] you can’t even do…study dat formula…cornball….LMFAO [sic].” Nicki Minaj tweeted.
Iggy Azalea later defended her tweet with a lengthy explanation. This is what she wrote.
“Listen. I see a trend on Twitter in the last week that involves people retreatingartists old tweets. I’m talking OLD, done and dusted [expletive] ones. And while I know most artists are gonna go the silent route and ignore that it’s happening, I’m going to talk to you even though I know the people who get hype off the whole thing are immature anyhow [sic].”
“YES. I have an opinion. And NO, even when I’m a fan of someone it doesn’t mean I like EVERY THING THAT THEY do. There was once a time when I could crack jokes, talk about TV shows or whose record I hate and whose I loved etc. on Twitter.”
“I can’t do that now. In part because you guys would make life a nightmare and in part because it would just be unprofessional. But remember there was a time when my twitter was just for my friends and family to see. Just like yours probably is now. Anyhow – to me, I feel like what you guys are doing is really unfair. That’s my opinion. Right now in 2013.”
Vybz Kartel got a break from being behind bars today but not in the way he would have hoped.
The dancehall star was rushed to the Kingston Public Hospital, KPH, earlier today after complaining of having severe chest pain.
Vybz Kartel, who was in handcuff and accompanied by heavily armed police officers, was treated at the hospital and then taken back into custody at the Horizon Remand Center.
The “Dancehall Hero” was clad in a orange T-Shirt and a washed out blue denim pants.
Scores of the deejay’s fans gathered outside the hospital to show their support.
Sources close to the former Portmore Empire deejay told Urban Islandz that he is doing much better since his visit to the hospital.
Vybz Kartel, born Adidja Palmer, has been behind bars since September 2011. He is awaiting trial on two murder charges in relation to the death of dancer Clive “Lizard” Willians and St. Catherine businessman/promoter Barrington “Bossie” Burton.
He returns to court on July 10th.